Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

MAGNUS CHASE AND THE GODS OF ASGARD Book Two: The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan

MAGNUS CHASE AND THE GODS OF ASGARD
Book Two: The Hammer of Thor
by
Rick Riordan

            I recently reviewed Rick Riordan’s first Magnus Chase book (see review dated September 21, 2017). In preparation for the release of the third and final book of this trilogy, on October 3, 2017, I read the second book in Riordan’s Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series, The Hammer of Thor.

Book two picks up roughly six weeks after the end of book one, The Sword of Summer. Although Magnus is settling in at Valhalla, all is not settled. Thor has once again “misplaced” his hammer. Magnus has been charged with reuniting the hammer and Thor, and he must do so before the giants realize it is missing and attack.


            As with Riordan’s other books, this Magnus Chase book is full of adventure, suspense, interesting characters, and mythological information. As with the others, too, it is well written and clever. I enjoyed the book and recommend it, although this is not my favorite of Riordan’s series. I love the crossover between his different series, however. I think my favorite part of the book was the very last line, while Magnus was meeting with his cousin, Annabeth. To avoid any spoilers, I will say no more – but I am definitely looking forward to book three!

No comments:

Post a Comment