Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

FEVERBORN by Karen Marie Moning

FEVERBORN
by
Karen Marie Moning

            Mac is back yet again.  Feverborn is the penultimate installment in Karen Marie Moning’s Fever series. This book is much better than Burned, the book that came before this (see review, December 22, 2015).

            In Feverborn, we are reunited with familiar old friends – Barrons, Ryodan, Jada – we meet some new Unseelie buddies, and, of course, there is the Sinsar Dubh. In a way, it feels as if we are reunited with Mac, as she becomes re-visible.

            As I have mentioned in previous reviews of Moning’s work, I am not a die hard groupie of this urban fantasy. But, I am a fan, sort of hanging on the fringe. So, my reactions to her books are often ambivalent. Ordinarily, I love the characters, like the plot, and am willing to overlook some of the issues that may trouble me about the writing. Feverborn is no exception.

            I enjoyed this book and look forward to the series finale, Feversong, which was recently released.

RECOMMENDED


No comments:

Post a Comment